We’re fascinated each year to reflect on our most popular HR blogs. Every year we learn something new about what people want to read.
Our Top 5 most popular HR blogs from 2019
- In first place we have a blog on the pension rights of an employee with a terminal illness . This is one of the most difficult conversations for an employer to have with an employee. However, the topic obviously resonated with the 2029 readers .
- The second of our most popular HR blogs in 2019 advises employers on how to carry out a return to work interview . We’re encouraged that over 1700 people share our opinion that return to work interviews are an essential part of workplace attendance management.
- The thorny question of “Can I ban employees from eating breakfast at work?” takes third place in our most popular HR blogs of 2019. This was a particular pet hate of our Managing Director, Alison Driver, because she believes that once the start time has passed, employees should be working, not eating their breakfast!
- In the high tech world operating in today’s workplace we were expecting to see our blog on monitoring employees appear in the list. Taking fourth place suggests we weren’t wrong. Data Protection legislation doesn’t prevent employers from monitoring workers, but remember, workers are entitled to some privacy at work.
- Number five in our most popular HR blogs of 2019 goes to our blog on how to deal with persistent lateness . Surprisingly it’s one of the most common questions clients ask us because they’re grappling with the impact of this negative behaviour on work and work colleagues.
We hope you enjoy reading about our most popular HR blogs in 2019. If there’s anything particular that you’d like to read about please drop us a line. We want to write about subjects of interest to our readers! Please call us on 01706 565332 or email us using the contact form
Need help with your HR?
Metis HR is a professional HR Consultancy based in the North West of England supporting clients across the country. We specialise in providing outsourced HR services to small and medium-sized businesses. Call us now on 01706 565332 to discuss how we may help you.