Andy Simcock, BA Hons, MCIPD, Level 5 Diploma in HR Management joined Metis HR in October 2021.
With Andy’s significant experience in business and as an HR professional he is ideally placed to bring specialist skills required for advising Metis HR business owner clients on complex people problems.
Andy has a broad level of HR experience gained in both corporate and SME businesses ranging from High Street retailing, Sales, Engineering, Veterinary business, Public Sector and Social Housing. He has worked extensively in the travel sector both in the UK and worldwide. Andy brings a wealth of experience in advising on every aspect of the employee life cycle from recruitment and onboarding to performance management, disciplinary, grievance resolution, managing sickness absence and advising on maternity and paternity cases. He has worked as a HR Manager, HR Business Partner, and business advisor on organisation design.
Andy believes his skills as an HR professional draw on:
- 20+ years’ experience in HR
- Owning and managing a successful business for 10 years, he understands the challenges of SME businesses
- Has advised on a dealt with 1000’s of complicated people issues
- Advised at board level and understands operational and strategic challenges
- Has set up HR departments from scratch and understands the need for infrastructure and organisation.
- Managed an HR team for several years to deliver large scale projects including redundancies, TUPE transfers and business rationalisation
- His commitment to study as an undergraduate and postgraduate
- HR Consultant – Metis HR Ltd
- Rochdale Boroughwide Housing – HR Business Partner – 2020 – 2021
- Vets4pets – Regional HR Business Partner- 2017 – 2018
- HR Consultant – 2015-2017
- Co-operative Group – HR Manager – 2008-2015
- Going Places – Regional HR Business Partner -1999-2007
An average HR Consultant will say that they can provide your business with HR advice, Andy Simcock, on the other hand, is delivering from experience. His experience speaks for itself.
Contact Andy direct or call him on 01706 565332