Ali Penney joined Metis HR in January 2016 where she completed her training as a workplace mediator at Globis Mediation. With Ali’s Professional Qualifications in Mediation and Neuro Linguistic Programming, she is ideally placed to bring specialist skills required for Workplace Mediation, Negotiation and Positive Communication.
Workplace Mediation is the process where Ali works with two or more disputing employees to reach a mutual and manageable agreement for working better together in the future. Ali believes that effective workplace mediation and conflict resolution is critical to the smooth running of every organisation and can save time, money and reputation, ultimately providing for a better working environment.
Ali believes that her skills as an HR practitioner and workplace mediator draw on
- 10 years’ experience as a Master Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming, developing a highly focused ability to ask the right questions and effect real change in how people respond.
- Her experience as Managing Director of her own company, negotiating and delivering high volume outsourced catering contracts for clients with the associated responsibility for the operational management of her own employed workforce.
- A heritage of successful Mediation and negotiation meetings with Directors and staff achieving meaningful resolution to workplace conflict.
- Five years’ experience of handling delicate situations and difficult members of the public as a High Court Enforcement Officer
- Over 15 years banking and finance experience, responsible for operational management, training and appraisals of team members.
- HR Advisor and Workplace Mediator, Metis HR Ltd 2016 – Present
- Managing Director, Kershaw’s Hebble Ltd 2010 – 2013
- High Court Enforcement Officer and County Court Bailiff, Rossendales Ltd 2010 – 2015
- Office Manager, Evolve Business Marketing Ltd 2006 – 2010
- Assistant Branch Manager, Abbey National PLC, 1997 – 2006
- Shipping Agent, Hollas Garments PLC 1995 – 1997
- Business Advisor, Co-operative Bank PLC 1993 – 1995
- Customer Service Adviser, Barclays Bank PLC 1989 – 1993
Have you ever felt a workplace dispute has got out of control? Do you feel a betrayal of trust has occurred within the workplace? Has a situation with an employee left you feeling useless, helpless, or incapable of resolving a problem with staff who do not seem to follow the rules? If the answer is yes, and you do not wish the potential danger of a failed tribunal, then please contact Alison to talk about how workplace mediation can help you.